Top questions hemp growers should ask when buying FIBC bulk bags.
The Hemp industry is growing at a fast pace and both growers and cultivators are finding it hard to keep up with the demand. The Hemp Farming Act of 2018 was a proposed law to remove hemp (defined as cannabis with less than 0.3% THC) from Schedule I Controlled Substances and make it an ordinary agricultural commodity. Its provisions were incorporated into the 2018 US Farm Bill that became law on December 20, 2018.
Hemp growers are utilizing FIBC bulk bags to store and transport their product they are the perfect packaging solution for hemp. However, there are questions that you should ask yourself and the supplier when deciding on bulk bags as a packaging solution.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How much weight do you want to put in the bag? Example: 1200-1500 lbs
- Do you know the weight density of the product? Example: 23 pounds per cubic foot
- Is moisture containment important or needed? Yes and no
- How many tons of material am I going to process to put in bags? Example: We estimated that we will be producing 5 thousand tons of material that need to be transported and stored in bulk bags
Questions to ask a supplier:
- Do you have Bulk Bags in stock? Example: Yes, we carry several different sizes and shapes in inventory ready to ship on a daily basis.
- Can you design a custom bag if your in-stock bags are not want we want? Example: Yes, we can design a custom solution for you with many design option, color, and print options.
- What is the minimum order for in-stock and/or custom bags? Example: We work with customers ranging from 1 pallet to several containers of bags.
- How long does it take to get custom bags? Example: Custom bags, from order to delivery, take 12-14 weeks, so plan ahead.
- Can you discuss food grade bag options? Example: Is able to explain the difference between FDA material vs BRC certified.
- Can you design a custom inventory program so that I never run out of bags during our time of need? Example: Absolutely, we have several options available and can discuss this in great detail depending on your specific needs.
If you have the answers to the first four questions it makes it much easier when dealing with a bulk bag supplier. If you are talking with any bulk bag suppliers that answer “NO” or are not able to respond to any one of those questions, take our advice and find another supplier! We can answer “YES” to all the questions above so feel free to contact us do discuss your Helluva Hemp Bag solution.